Monday, February 09, 2004

Latest news.

I had handed up my tessina on the last Thursday of January. It was only the past Friday that the secreteriat called me to tell me that I didn't exist in the university because I hadn't paid any fees. You know, I didn't know about that part and it took them more than a week to discover this fact? One of my encouters with the university bureaucracy and this was one of the worst. When I paid the fee for handing in my tessina (275euros), they accepted the payment as if I was one of the university students. They told me no problem. When I went back to pay the fees, it took less than a minute for the person at the counter to look into the computer to tell me that I hadn't paid my fees. Then I was told to get signatures from the dean, etc. I wasn't even attending courses! Sigh!

What's worse was that I had waited at the telephone for the whole of the week afraid that they might have missed me. They didn't call. In fact I had wasted my whole week being afraid. Now I have to start this waiting by the telephone again. Such is the life. Don't think that I am having a holiday in the eternal city. The city is eternal because we have an eternity to wait, especially with the services. It is faster to wait for services in a less developed city in Africa, I am told. (Not meaning to degrade the African continent but Italy is supposed to be one of the most developed countries in the world)

So my date for going home is set back once again. I am now wondering if the Lord wants me to finish this and what is his reason for my being so stressed out here!

No comments: